How to access advanced settings for a project?
When creating a new Me & my team project in the last step of the project creation stepper click on ADVANCED SETTINGS
How to access advanced settings for ongoing projects
To access advanced settings for projects that are already in progress you will need to put the project on-hold first. When a project had been put on hold, translators will not have access to the project anymore and invoices for the translators will be generated.
Open the project details page and click the ON HOLD button
Project Preparation UI
- Warning bar - The warning bar on the top will prompt you to save changes or run the analysis when new files are added to the project.
- Project name - Change the name of your project
- Project details - In this tab you can edit the basic details of your project such the source and target language, deadline date and project manager.
- Source files - Add or remove files from your project
- Work allocation - Allocate files and set rates for your translators
- Instructions - Create instructions for team members of the project
- Analysis - Detailed analysis of your project
- Reference files - Add or remove reference files to the project
In the source files tabs you can add or remove files from your project. You can preview the file segmentation and see if any errors are present in the files.
Important: After adding or removing files in your project, you must run the analysis before starting the project or proceed to work allocation
1. Error indicator - The red warning icon indicates that you cannot start you project before fixing an issue in the source files tab.
2. Menu bar - The menu bar contains the following options: Select all files, delete selected file(s), change filter, add files and reload button.
3. Processing status - Green icon indicates that the file can be processed for translation, yellow exclamation icon indicates that the file is not suitable for translation.
4. Files - You can select individual or multiple files to change the filter or delete, and clicking on the file name will open up the segmentation preview window where you can preview how the file will look like when processed.
In the work allocation tab you can add multiple translators and in-country reviewers. You can change the deadline for each team member individually, but the date cannot exceed the project's deadline which is set in 'Project Details'.
- Add individuals - Enter the e-mail address of the translator (this can be someone from your team or a Text United freelance translator)
- Select task type - Assign your team members as translators, proofreaders or in-country reviewers. You can add multiple translators and reviewers but only one Proofreader.
- Enter translation rates - Enter the rate for translation or proofreading. The cost summary will be updated once you allocate files between multiple translators.
How to allocate files
Drag and drop individual files from one translator to another. You can also split the files and allocate parts of the files.
For each project you can create multiple instructions for individual team members.
Once you've entered text for the instruction, choose the recipients and click on save. Once you start the project, the instructions will be visible on the task dashboard for your team members.
Attachments will be available for download in the task dashboard.
Once you've adjusted all the settings and there are no warnings present, you can start the project. Your project members will receive a notification for the task and once they accepted it, they can start working on it.