Newly registered users will be guided with a special tutorial for first time users when creating their first translation project. Once this tutorial is done, they will be redirected to the project creation stepper.
Navigate to the right corner and click the Create a project button
- Choose the Upload files option
Step 1 - Add files
- Select the ADD NEW FILES button on the left, to upload your files
- or select the ADD TEXT button to paste text
- You can add files in many formats: docx, xlsx, pptx, odt, txt, aspx, xml, html, mif, resx, xliff, idml, xliff, html, json, ios strings, properties, php, po, pot, yaml, dita, ditamap, srt, sub, sbv, mp4, avi, mov, wmv, flv. After translation, you will be able to download translated files in the same format and with the original formatting.
- You can enter your project name in the field on top
- After you've uploaded the files click CONTINUE
Step 2 - Choose languages
- Select the source language of your file(s)
- Select to which language you want to translate your files to
(note: you can select multiple languages)
- The option "Use all variants of the target language(s)" is on by default. By unchecking this box, only translation memories for a specific language variant will be used.
Step 3 - Choose who translates
- Machine - Machine translate files instantly, without creating a project
- Machine and human review - Files are pre-translated by machine translation and sent to Text United for professional human review. This is a paid service.
- Me & my team - Translate yourself or allocate to someone from your team.
- Professional full service - Files are sent to Text United and our project managers will assign professional translators for your material.
If you've selected the Me & my team option, you will have additional options:
- Choose if you want to pre-translate your project with machine-translation.
- Choose who will translate.
- Choose who will proofread (you can select no proofreader if you don't need proofreading).
Step 4 - Create a project / Order translation
- Add reference files for translators (to better understand the context of the translation) by clicking on the attach button in the notes field
- You can adjust additional settings (work allocation, change filters, add instructions) to the project by clicking ADVANCED SETTINGS button
No cost will be calculated if you choose to translate yourself or assign someone from your team (see How to create a project and translate by yourself or your team).
Paid translation projects
- The system will detect repetitive text and matches from your translation memory and calculate the translation cost taking them into account (reducing cost automatically).
You can enter a deadline for the translation project, see the cost details and add notes to a project manager.
- Additionally, you can request a formal offer by clicking Send me a purchase order checkbox. The translation project will not be started until you approve the offer.
- Click ORDER TRANSLATION