New users will see this start screen. Click on the Upload files button or simply drag & drop your files to the area.
If there are already existing projects on the list navigate to the right corner and click the Create a project button
- Click the ADD NEW FILES button.
- You can add files in many formats: docx, xlsx, pptx, odt, txt, aspx, xml, html, mif, resx, xliff, idml, xliffhtml, json, iosstrings, properties, php, po, pot, yaml, dita, ditamap, srt, sub, sbv, mp4, avi, mov, flv, wmv. After translation, you will be able to download translated files in the same format and with the original formatting.
- When you are ready with uploading your file or files, click CONTINUE
- Enter the translation project name in the top field.
- After you've uploaded the files click CONTINUE
- Select to which language you want to translate your files to (note: you can select multiple languages)
- Select if you want proofreading service for your translation project (proofreading will increase the quality of your translation, every translated segment will be checked and confirmed by an assigned proofreader, who is independent from a translator)
- Select ME & MY TEAM
By taking this path, you are going to send translation to yourself and/or your team members. This means, that you will not have to pay anything to Text United for their translation service, of course.
- From the Translator drop down list you can choose whom you want to add as a Translator and Proofreader. The list contains the users who are part of your company account (team members).
- By clicking an icon below, you can invite a new person to the system as well.
- By clicking on the Add an existing user, you will assign the translation task to a Text United user that isn't a part of your translation team.
Add reference files to the project
To add reference files for the translation project which can be accessed by the translator, in the last step when creating a project click on the "attachment" icon in the add a note section. Supported files are: docx, xlsx, pptx, pdf, jpg, png
These files will not be included in the word count and the project itself.
- You can add a note which will be sent to a translator and proofreader.
- You can suggest a deadline for the translation project.
- Click the CREATE PROJECT button.
Voila! You've created your first project.
Access the translation project:
If you chose yourself as a translator, navigate to TASKS and find the project from the list. You can filter the results or sort by number. Your latest tasks will be on top of the list.
- Click the OPEN button
- Your project may contain multiple Packages. Click on the TRANSLATE button to start translating a package.
- Individual segments are saved as soon as you enter the translation and save the segment, moving on to the next one