An Excel file with the XLSX file extension is a Microsoft Excel Open XML Format Spreadsheet file. It's an XML-based spreadsheet file created by Microsoft Excel version 2007 and later.
- Make sure that the file format is XLSX (Excel 2007 and newer versions), not xls.
- Make sure the file contains only content that needs to be translated
- Do not hide sheets, rows or columns, the excel filter doesn't recognize what the user defined as hidden, the hidden content will be included in the translation project's word count.
- Comments and hidden comments will be included in the translation project
- The file should be a single language file, use only one source language
- Multilingual files should have the multiple languages clearly divided by columns or sheets so that the source text can easily be extracted.
- After the period mark, text in a cell will be divided into multiple segments for the translator.
- 'Soft breaks' in cells will divide the text into multiple segments
- Text in cells will be divided into multiple segments if there are multiple different text formatting options applied in one single cell (all text formatting should be applied to the whole cell)
- Text in text boxes will not be included in the translation project