IDML (InDesign Markup Language) is an XML representation of an InDesign document or components. IDML files provide an interchangeable format for Adobe InDesign documents, as well as a way for third-party tools to modify and assemble InDesign files.
- Complex vector graphics may cause Text United's filter not to process the file. Consider removing them from your document and placing back in the target file (after translation)
- All text in Story elements (text frames) will be read by the IDML filter, even if placed outside the document borders.
- Text placed in Notes will not be considered as translatable content.
- Different formatting options (bold, italic, etc.) will add tags in Text United translation editor
- After the period mark, the text will be divided into multiple segments.
- Fonts, pictures and other imported files in the inDesign document will not be saved with the file, therefore they need to be re-linked after translation
- Pictures and importable files can be embedded in the document, but will affect file size.