Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an XML-based vector image format. SVG images and their behaviors are defined in XML text files. As XML files, SVG images can be created and edited with any text editor, as well as with drawing software.
- All the translatable content should be placed in <text> elements.
- All text nodes in elements will be part of the translation.
- Make sure the formatting of the textual content is correct - single text nodes for sentences or complete paragraphs in the same context
- Importing and saving SVG files in different versions of Illustrator and other software may cause formatting inconsistencies which will break words apart and generate a high number of excessive tags
- Make sure to check the character formatting (kerning, tracking, font size) is everywhere consistent before submitting the file for translation