To create a new translation project in the Text United desktop app, select New projects from the Workplace on the left side. In the ribbon above, click the plus icon New Project.
This will open up a new dialog to fill out the details of your new translation project.
The project will be usually done by other translators and proofreaders but you can also allocate yourself as a proofreader or in-country reviewer for instance. This window contains the following tabs and functionalities:
- General (Review and edit the information you entered when creating the project)
- Files (Upload source files for translation and any reference material)
- Translation memory (Overview of various translation memories that will be used during the project. The App will automatically link all relevant translation memories, but the choice can be modified by you. If you have an external translation memory file, import it first (through the Translation Memory category of the App), and then reopen this window)
- Analysis (See the project's word count and source file(s) analysis)
- Work Allocation (Assign translators, proofreaders and in-country reviewers to the project)
- Cost Estimation (Enter rates per word for all assigned translators and proofreaders and calculate the total project cost)
- Instructions (Create and distribute project related instructions to translators and proofreaders)
- Kick off (Kick off the translation process by allowing access to translation packages too translators and proofreaders)
After the kick-off, all translators will receive notifications via e-mail and in their App Inbox. They can start translating right from the App Inbox / Translation jobs by expanding the plus sign next to the project name and clicking on any of the brown Translation Package icons.
When the translation is finished (or finished only partially) you can generate and download the translated files from the Translated Files folder in the Files tab. Click Translate all Files in the ribbon.