A comma-separated values (CSV) file stores tabular data (numbers and text) in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. The use of the comma as a field separator is the source of the name for this file format.
- All text in CSV files is considered as translatable
- The file should be a single language file, so use only one source language
- The file needs to be encoded in UTF-8
- The output file will be encoded in UTF-8
- The comma character will divide your sentence into multiple segments and will not be included in the translation
- The comma character will be included in translation if it's in a sentence enclosed by quotation marks
The example file segmentation by Text United: